- We are an African Research institute focusing on Supply chain research.
- Non-profit organization (Section 21 Company)
- Established in 2018 with an aim to bridge the existing gap in research in the area of SCM
- We are strong team of SCM researchers & experts from academia and industry across the continent.
- Head Office in South Africa (Midrand) & Regional Offices in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana (to be established).
- A leading research institute that advances and disseminate innovative supply chain research solutions to promote continental wide sustainable development and inclusive growth.
GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP OF THE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The governance and leadership of AISCR will be comprised of an Advisory Board, Executive Management and Working Committees.
Advisory Board (7 Members)
A volunteer advisory board governs AISCR. Board members are professionals from academia and industry who volunteer their services to set policy and oversee the work at AISCR. The role of the advisory board is to advice AISCR in support of the development of strategy, policy and activity. This will include the identification of future priorities, the development of clear plans of action to address priorities, integrating activity across research, data, skills and partnerships. (See terms of Reference for Advisory Board members).
Members of the Advisory Board are appointed by nomination. The board shall be composed of seven (7) voting members as well as two non-voting members (Chief Operating Officer and Administrative Officer). The portfolios of the Advisory Board members shall be comprised of: